Life Fitness Skills Training
The “World Health Organization” has defined life skills as, “the abilities for adaptive and positive behavior that enable individuals to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life”.
UNICEF defines life skills as “a behavior change or behavior development approach designed to address a Balance of three areas: skills, knowledge, and attitude”.
Life fitness skills are essentially helps to promote mind wise well-being and competence in young people as they face the realities of life.
As per research, only 2.3% of the students have good communication skills concerning basic articulation, listening and expression.
Importance of life fitness skills training program as per UNICEF- overcome following issues.
- More than 65% of the people suffered with deficiency in positive thinking and they showed clear signs of habitual complaining, blaming and disconsolate pessimism.
- 50.8 % of the people displayed ineffective interpersonal skills in terms of building and maintaining healthy peer relationships.
- 54.4% of the people have very low self-esteem and they have been found berating themselves and lacking in self image.
- 55.6% of the people showed severe lack of empathy.
- A huge 83.2% of the people are highly poor in coping with emotions showing an inability to regulate both positive and negative emotions.
- 52% of the people have very poor critical thinking skills that have implications for reasoning, making judgments, decisions, and problem solving.
- More than 70% of the people opted for logical reasoning rather than creative reasoning in the creativity test.
After periodical intervention program, the feedback study revealed that :
- 75% of the people effectively imparted their life skills
- 73.3 % of the children confirmed that they can feel a surge of change in their behavior, after their involvement in the education based activities.
- 50% of the people experience with happy in overcoming depression.
Benefit of Life Skills program at school & collage :
- Less violent behavior & more co-operative behavior
- Increased pro-social behavior and decreased negative, self-destructive behavior, self killing attitude, Self -awareness, social and emotional adjustment.
- Improved Classroom behavior &educational performance improvement
- Self control and handling of interpersonal problems,
- Constructive conflict resolution with peers remarkably improved.
- Delay in sexual commitments also delay in the onset of alcohol